Monday, March 18, 2013

CURSES! Can It Happen to YOU??



DROP DEAD!

If you uttered these words, even without thinking, according to some you have delivered a curse.

Although one of the definitions of CURSE is: foul language, a more common use is: a prayer or invocation for harm or injury to come upon another. Curses direct negative energy by thought and intention to a person or family or group that are filled with HATE with the purpose of causing harm, illness, pain, or even death.

One theory behind curses is that demons get released when a curse is uttered and they are set free to follow through with the curse until it is done. If the person is "protected", either by a counter curse, Jesus, white light, or another method, the curse may boomerang and get the person who sent the curse, or even an innocent bystander. Some consider it very simple to curse another, and name calling, slander, bad thoughts, gossip, envy, jealousy, or just bad will can cause the person to suffer from a curse of oppression.

Witches are said to be able to send curses, along with gypsies, medicine men--or anyone with a dark wish or hatred toward an enemy they want to see suffer.




In Australia "bone pointing" is a curse that is said to kill its victim without fail. A kundela, the bone used in the terrible killing ritual in the Aboriginal tribes of Australia, is usually human, but can be from an emu or kangaroo, and about 9 inches long and sharpened to a point to resemble a needle. They eye end is threaded with hair from the intended victim and held in place with a gummy resin from a local bush and charged with negative psychic energy and power. When the victim is found, sometimes after months of searching, the killer goes down on one knee and points the kundela and issues a short, harsh chant. The kundela is then ritually burned. The cursed is said never to survive, falling first ill, refusing food, and eventually passing away.  More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdaitcha

Damien Mulkrin, author of the book When Bad Things Happen to Bad People, says you do not need to be a witch or a gypsy to throw a curse--he thinks anyone can do it--and here's how--but be warned, he says it can cause harm--or even death:

1. Rise from your bed at midnight. Sit cross-legged on the floor in a dark, empty room and whisper the words: “Evil, live, live, evil” over and over for one minute. In your mind’s eye, picture the person you want to curse.

2. As the image of the person appears to you, visualize great harm coming to him or her. For example, you might watch with delight as a car runs over him or he falls down a flight of stairs.

3. Savor the victim’s agony – but don’t forget: the misfortune you visualize is the misfortune your victim will suffer in real life. If you visualize the victim losing an eye, he should lose and eye, if you visualize his death, he should die. Carefully consider the outcome before the invocation.

4. As you continue to revel in the imaginary evil you have brought to your enemy, whisper: “Powers of darkness, make this so.” Contemplate your actions for a minute or so and then, says Mulkrin, “your work is done.”

“If you are sincere in your desire to punish an enemy, and have absolutely no reservations about bringing him harm, the curse will work,” he said.

Daniel Mulkrin is said to have vast knowledge of the black arts and is known in the world of occult. (from the blog Peach and Things http://www.peachandthings.com/2011/07/casting-a-spell-or-a-curse/)

And please note that I am NOT recommending this.

The Vatican exorcist Gabriele Amorth, a Roman Catholic priest, states in his book An Exorcist Tells His Story, that there are four types of curses. He said "Spells and witchcraft are two different types of curses." He believes that the other type is through demonic intervention--although he does not claim to know how this works.  The four types of curses are:




1.  Black Magic, Witchcraft and Satanic Rites that Culminate in Black Masses-- Fr. Amorth believes these are all similar since they "obtain a curse against a specific person by invoking a demon but without the use of specific objects".

2. Curses--Fr. Amorth believes curses spoken with true feelings of hate, especially when directed and family and during special occasions like a wedding or Christening, can have terrible consequences.

3. The Evil Eye--this is a spell that is cast while looking at the victim--not by merely casting a glance, but by casting a spell on a predetermined person with the intention of evil.

4. The Spell, Malefice or Hex--the most common type of curse, often used with an object that has been "offered to Satan and imprinted with his evil powers". Items used to represent grace, a cross, baptismal water, or a host can be turned into a malefice, or instrument of harm. These can be used in a DIRECT way--for instance mixing cursed water, herbs, or ash into drink or food, or and INDIRECT way--which is cursing and object that belongs to the person such as a photo, a pen, a pillow, or doll. Fr. Amorth says that he has found "just about everything, from colored and tied ribbons to chunks of hair tightly knotted… animals – especially mice – or geometric shapes; and blood clots. I have seen chunks of wood or iron, twisted wire, and dolls full of piercing and marks and have witnessed the sudden appearance of very thick braids of children or women’s hair" inside of mattresses and pillows of the afflicted. He has also stated that these objects are sometime not visible until holy water is sprinkled on them.

More CURSED information:

A cursed item can be passed to an innocent party, and the curse can then affect them.

Burning a cursed item can cause more problems.

You can accidentally curse someone.

James Dean has a "cursed" Porsche he called "Little Bastard"--he died in a crash in that car and it supposedly caused more injuries and pain after it was sold. See more famous curses here:   http://people.howstuffworks.com/7-famous-curses.htm#page=0

Curses can be cast on generations of families.

God can supposedly curse a whole nation for not following his will.

A curse can befall even an unborn child.




There is a psychosomatic side to curses also.

There are many cases of voodoo and curse deaths in medical literature. I read a story of a man who was cursed with bone pointing, and died in a hospital days later from no apparent cause. He was not poisoned, had no injuries, and had no illness. We could say he thought himself to death. The opposite of the placebo effect, these negative thought pattern deaths are partially a result of what we think is going to happen to ourselves, and what others tell us will.  More on voodoo death here:  http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human-beast/201209/voodoo-death-i

Whether you believe that demons or negative energy can cause problems if someone curses you, you may doom yourself to seven years of bad luck if you believe TOO much. Or you an be like me and know for a fact that there is not a whammy in sight that can get through my self-made Superman shield.

Or is there... 

I'd love to know any stories you may have about curses--or any you have experienced yourself. Thanks for reading :)

Read about a psychic curse in 100 UNFORTUNATE DAYS:

Day 21

The jar from last year contains my hair. Beautiful long pieces of my hair from when I was 15 years old and the sun turned it golden, in a jar of water from a well with one drop of water from Jar 1.

Jar 1 was given to me by someone I no longer know. Last year’s jar is the only jar that has a screw-on top. This jar has to be put in a dark place, behind the stairs, adjacent to where many people walk every day. Seven years from the day the jar is sealed the hair turns into snakes. The person who owns the jar has two options—1. Release the snakes. They will slither away to find any person who has wounded you, bite them, and kill them. OR 2. Open the jar and place one grain of sugar inside. This makes the snakes sleep forever, but the water in the jar is now as potent as the poison of the snake and you can use it at your own discretion and have the joy of watching your victim die.

But—the snakes know what you are planning and they will try to bite and kill you first. This happened to my mother’s aunt—and they said she died from falling and hitting the back of her head on the wooden floor.


22 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that I believe in curses per se - at least, not in the way that most folks define them. So many of these things seem to represent blind luck and ill intention coming together. I do think that we can take unconscious steps to harm others and that those steps can radiate outwards through our actions without us even being aware of it, though. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I buy it either Joanthan--but I'm not sure I don't. I think one of the reasons I write this blog is to get everyone's opinions.
    I agree with what you said about "unconscious steps to harm another--that can radiate outwards without us even being aware..." I read about a "shame" curse as I was doing this post--and it is what you just said--acting in a certain way that eventually causes another to feel shame. Supposedly happens much of the time to kids--not surprising. I'm sure there is a valid answer in the psychology books...like bad parenting.
    Always glad when you stop by :)
    XO
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a particularly difficult year in my life a friend recommended a cleansing by a spiritualist. I was so desperate, I gave in and took her up on it. The woman was strangely "normal". The process took an hour, but during this she said I had NINE CURSES put on me in past and present life. She supposedly removed each.

    I'm not sure what I believe exactly, but I do believe strongly in cumulative negative energy. I can feel it inside my core when I have multiple jealous evil-wishers around me (or even well meaning friends who inwardly doubt the potential for success in something I'm doing). I, instinctively, move away from them with urgency because (with an Italian Gypsy upbringing) I know how it only takes three people to think something and create powerful energy around you. I hope for out of sight, out of mind, and take myself out of their scope for a time.

    So maybe I do kind of BELIEVE.

    Great post, Penelope; extremely thought provoking and interesting...as always.

    xx, Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :)
    I completely believe in the power of three. I try very much to be good--sometimes out of trying to do the right thing, and certainly, although I hate to admit it, sometimes out of fear.
    I would love to get back at people sometimes or teach someone a lesson--but I don't. I am very straight and do nothing coverty. I want NOTHING bad coming back to me three times worse. And I am like you, for good or bad, I can tell when when I am getting whammied too. But I think mine is from being a pigeon-toed stutterer--I know when you are talking behind my back. And I think I may be more open and senstive than your average Joe.
    Love when you come by,
    XO
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to be a good person, but I must admit that I've hated people enough to want something bad to happen to them...but I would never purposefully harm another. I figure their badness will come back to bite them in the ass one day without my help. Plus, karma is a bitch...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karma IS a bitch Beth!!
    I wonder if we are naturally BAD or naturally GOOD. I think of kids--especially little ones, they can be lovely dovey and sweet but when they are mad they are a force of nature and we kind of have to teach them not to be little maniacs!
    SO maybe our true natures have to be trained into us and that is why it is so @#$ing hard to do the right thing--it is against our nature!.
    SO glad you came by Beth,
    XO
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interesting!!! I've been creeped out by the concept of voodoo since I was a kid. There just seemed to be something other-worldly about it...and not a door that I would ever want to open. I guess I'm just a chicken! Like you, I don't know what I believe but, I received "evil eye" jewelry, intended to ward off evil, at one point in my life...and I could almost FEEL that it had the opposite effect. Things just kept going wrong....and I felt compelled to throw it in the water -- which I did. I will never know whether or not it really did anything, but I sure felt better doing it. Thanks for the fun, thought-provoking post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh!! I wanted to DO voodoo since I was a kid.
    I remember the jewelry incident and actually almost wrote about it in this post. Wonder if it was whammied--and since you owned it--YOU were the whammy recipient...it's usually ME that the weird stuff happens to...
    I was on the phone talking to a friend last night talking about basically doing the OPPOSITE of a curse--to send good thoughts and white light and the TV turned on and off, TWICE!
    It's just an elecricity thing, right??
    Love when you come by,
    XO
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone who has been bullied has felt the curse of oppression.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fascinating. I hope living a great distance from Australia keeps me safe from "bone pointing". Wow, how scary. I have no doubt supernatural powers and forces reside among us, nor do I doubt the fact that many attempt (some successfully) to harness them. Great post.

    Paul R. Hewlett

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Paul :)
    I was thinking the same thing--I NEVER want to see anyone pointing a sharp pointed object in my direction--especially if followed by a chanted curse!
    Hopefully we are safe.
    XO
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the most fascinating subjects on your blog, always so thought provoking and things that make you go hmmmmmm. Always enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Debby!
    I try and write what is bothering me or what is fascinating me--I guess sometimes people are bothered and fascinted by the same things.
    Thanks for coming by,
    XO
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scary stuff and I recently saw this in action but I can't talk about it or share it. God does shield me. Amen. I'm having a luau and letting all my friends and followers know about the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh boy I would SO like to hear all about it!!
    I am assuming you are talking about someone being cursed--so scary!
    If you want to tell me leave me a private message on FB.
    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    XO
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Portuguese worry about the Evil Eye, for sure. New born babes are given gold or silver bracelets with five symbolic talismans. I wish I had one now.

    Hey, I'm curious about your self-made Superman shield. I don't suppose you'd be up for posting the How-To for it??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wonder if my memory serves and what I saw (or what I think I remember) is actually what is inside the charm.
    As for the shield--sure! Maybe that is what I'll do my next post on. In the meantime--I'll send you a DM.
    XO
    Pen

    ReplyDelete
  18. How can you contact a real bone pointer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh--THAT I don't know--and if I did I would not reveal and take the responsibility for passing the info!

      Delete
  19. I am from singapore and Singaporean men have to serve compulsory military service . 20 years ago , I was serving my 2.5 years national service and was posted to a tough combat unit. 
    There was this officer LTA goh xx who was a mean spirited bully . He would look excuses to punish the men. LTA goh xx seemed to have personal grudge against my friend H. 
    LTA goh xx seemed to looking for excuses to punish H . About 6 months before LTA goh service is due to end , he cooked up a flimsy excuse and punished H very severely. That night , I and a few guys were in the recreation room watching tv. H walked in and sat down looking very angry. After a while , H yelled out aloud " May that asshole die in car crash" I tried to comfort H and said LTA goh xx would finish his service in 6 months . H looked at me and stood up and then said " May a car strike LTA goh xx dead." He said it with such venom and malice that chills went down my spine and the hairs on my forearms stood on end. H then bowed his head ,closed his eyes and repeated the curse 5 more times with horrific intensity . 
    3 weeks before LTA goh xx service was due to end , he was killed in road traffic accident. He was driving home on a Saturday night after sending his girlfriend home . A truck ran a red light and smashed into his car killing him instantly. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh myyy. They say that we have the ability to send bad (or good) energy. I read on a site once a way to cause another harm, and it was very similar to what you just told me in the story. That is very scary and something to surely think about. Thank you so much for sharing the story here. Please come and visit again soon.

      Delete

I would LOVE to know what you think. All spam or comments with links will be deleted.